Female and male travelers are counted equally when it comes to traveling. Both are tend to get problems while traveling alone or traveling as a group. They endure the same struggles of carrying their mobile home on their back. But, we cannot disagree that the risk factors are high for the female travels compared to the male travelers. Due to their smaller size, female travelers are more vulnerable. They tend to get sexual harassment by men sometimes by women depending on the country where they travel.
World is a safe place. Unsafe situation occurs to the traveler, when they travel to an unstable war zones. Sometimes, traveling alone would also create unwanted issues. It is safe to start the trip during the day instead of preferring night travel unless any emergency. Traveler should be aware of the safety measures that the country or city could provide. It is advisable to research and collect the details of the tourist destination even far before you plan the trip. It would be helpful for you to prepare the necessary things to avoid the sudden surprises.
The above mentioned details are not to make you afraid and it does not mean that female should not travel. It is just to keep you extra cautious in some instances. This article would remind you the safety measures that you should remember while traveling.
1. Learn about the local dress codes and the customs. It is an offense to dress in appropriately in some countries. It sometimes makes them to turn towards you which would really make you embarrassing.
2.You should try to be a roman, if you are in Rome. It applies to the entire region. This would increase the acceptableness in travelers.
3. It is good to pretend as if you know the place instead of letting others know about your uncertainty. It may induce them to take an advantage. Hence, act like you know what you are doing and where you are going.
4. Be aware of the insecure places and avoid visiting there.
5. Do not afraid of someone who is bothering you or make you feel insecure. Be courageous and say a loud “NO” in front of everyone.
6. Do not consider the detestable comments and the unwanted signals from the local people. Sometimes they may really compliment and completely harmless. Due to the communication barriers they could have used inappropriate words. Hence, it is good to ignore them.
7. Your clothing should not attract the unwanted attentions. It is advisable to wear clothes which cover more of the body. It is the safer way of clothing.
8. It is safe to wait for all female train cars at your night traveling. (It is applicable for women)
9. If you are not comfortable staying alone, you can try to stay in a public place or in a crowded area.
10. Do not get afraid of the insecure atmosphere, now most of the countries and places are civilized and they encourage travelers. They have implemented safety measures to safeguard the travelers.
It is a requirement for travelers to consider the safety measures appropriately to have a safe journey.
Tracy Barb is an expert author and she has written many articles about vacation guide. Guide Gecko is a travel bookstore provides detailed travel guides.It offers wonderful Singapore travel guide guides at highly discounted rate.